As IT & Networks Engineer you manage the computer systems and networks of our organisation, including software, hardware and cloud services. You are responsible for installing, supporting and maintaining the entire system both in the office and on location (ships). Together with the other team members, you are co-responsible for the IT strategy, security and system optimisation within our organisation.
– Installing and configuring software, hardware and network in the Shore Control Center.
– Set up ship-to-shore communication over 4G/5G WAN network and via satellite.
– Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting.
– Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure, backups and firewalls.
– Supporting R&D, Engineering and other users
– Installation and maintenance radio communication systems (VHF)
– Programming of your own support and monitoring tools, such as Visual Studio, Python or another programming language.
– 3 years of proven experience as a system operator, network manager or similar function
– Bachelor in IT or equivalent through experience
– Good communication and social skills, stress-resistant, flexible
– Language: Dutch, English
– Experience with Azure cloud services, Microsoft Office 365 & Microsoft .NET
– Proven practical knowledge of networks, IT equipment and security.
– Insight in network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, SSL…
– Knowledge of multi-WAN link, mobile connections, load balancing, …
– Experience with Linux is a plus
– Experience in a technical and project environment is a plus.
– You are in possession of a driving license B